Any Time Fitness
Health on Reuters
Health on ScienceDaily
- Breast milk sugar may protect babies against deadly infection
- Insecticide ryanodine: Building a chemical from the ground up
- Allergy research: Response to house dust mites is age-dependent
- Next steps in understanding brain function
- Banning tobacco sales near schools could reduce socioeconomic disparities, new study shows
Med India News
- The Relationship Between Low Physical Activity and Psychotic Symptoms
- Overdose Epidemic from Illegally Made Fentanyl in US
- Kids With Food Allergies Predisposed to Asthma, Rhinitis
- Smokeless Tobacco Products can Not Only Cause Cancer and But also Opportunistic Infections
- Digital Forms of Dating Violence are on the Rise
Health Beauty Tips
- Best Home Remedies To Treat Chest Congestion | Remedies To Treat Phlegm Out of Chest
- Best Home Remedies To Treat Chest Congestion | Remedies To Treat Phlegm Out of Chest
- How to Prevent Bad Smell From Mouth? | Ways To Fight Bad Breath
- These Are Some Serious Signs of Skin Cancer That Can Be A Warning For You
- These Are The Reasons Why Women Feel Pain in Sex
Beauty News India
Beauty on TOI
Welcome to FitBiz.in! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career or business as a fitness trainer. Specific training requirements, a step-by-step hiring process, potential employers and interviews to help you get hired are just some of the helpful things you’ll find here.
Want to kick-start your career as a fitness trainer, yoga instructor or a nutritionist?
You are entering a field that is fast growing in India, so your chances of getting a job in the fitness & wellness industry are more than excellent! Here, you can read more about the requirements for becoming a fitness trainer or yoga instructor, how to promote your fitness business (assuming you go solo) and how to get more clients.
Passionate about fitness or sports, but don’t wish to to take up a full-time job in the fitness industry? You can always build a niche website in the fitness/sports area and make money by various methods.
Those looking for fitness resources can checkout our directory that lists the top gyms & fitness centres in Mumbai. You can also read articles that provides practical tips on exercises and dieting.
Fitness by Location
- Gyms | Ladies Only | Yoga | Dance Fitness | Martial Arts | Gymkhanas
- Marathon | Swimming | Cycling | Gymnastics | Wrestling | Powerlifting
Fitness Related Services
Fitness Related Jobs
- Fitness Trainers | Gym Managers | Sales Executives | Physical Education Teachers
- Fitness Certifications | Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.)
Fitness Requirements for Govt. Jobs
Buy Sports, Fitness & Outdoors Gear Online
Find a range of sports and fitness equipment, sporting gear, and gadgets that you can buy online to enjoy your favourite sports, exercises, outdoor and indoor activities.
Find top quality products from leading brands like Adidas, Cosco, Wildcraft, Yonex and Coleman and many more for sports like for all sports including Cricket, Badminton, Lawn Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Table Tennis, Volleyball and Football. Also Find exercise and fitness, strength training equipment, yoga mats and other fitness accessories. Sports gear (bats, racquets, balls) & equipment, accessories like backpacks, equipment bags and racks, bottles, gloves and lots more. Swimwear, goggles for Water sports, cycling gear, and more
Find fitness equipment, including wide range of aerobic training machines, jump ropes, exercise balls, hoops, toning belts and waist trimmers to help you set up your own gym or fitness centre.
Personal Fitness Trainer
A fitness trainer is paid to help people achieve their fitness goals. Whether it’s in the gym or at home, or any other venue, a fitness trainer’s role is an extremely important one, which is why the fitness industry is one of the most popular among job seekers today.
No matter which part of the world you live in, there’s always a demand for good trainers, however training requirements and regulations may vary (a bit) across regions, and country to country as well.
Fitness Trainer Job Description
The job description for a fitness trainer usually entails the following:
- Doing client assessment.
- Suggesting exercises, diet plan.
- Assisting people help achieve fitness goals.
For more information about the fitness trainer job description, click here.
Fitness Trainer Jobs
As mentioned above, the demand for fitness trainers is quite high, especially in India where the fitness & wellness industry is all set to take of. As long as you meet the qualifications and have completed proper training, you have a good chance of getting hired – in gyms, in hotels, as freelancers, on cruise ships, etc.
Please download the free interview guide that can be found on the right hand sidebar for additional tips for your upcoming interviews, and also be sure to check out our highly popular fitness trainers (and related) jobs board, which is creating new fitness jobs for people like you every single day.
Personal Fitness Training
After starting out as an entry level floor trainer, several trainers train to obtain certifications while on duty.
Besides fitness training, aspirants can opt for certification in sports/fitness nutrition as well.
The training and examination always include theory, practicals, learning the right forms, and so on.
After one completes their fitness training and clear their examinations (theory and practicals), many more fitness positions will open up, paving the way for your fitness career.
Fitness & Wellness in Mumbai
Mumbai is a hotbed for the fitness industry, thanks to Bollywood; every one wants to look like a model here. Besides, opportunities in sports have also increased in the last few years. So people have become fitness conscious.
Potential employers now look for fitness trainers with certifications, before employing them.
Feel free to read our post about fitness training & certifications in Mumbai for more detailed information.
Fitness Scene in India
In the last few years, India has been hit by the fitness fever that seems to have gripped almost everybody, not just in Mumbai but also in most other metros; and its actually a good thing. Most gyms in Mumbai now don’t just have the usually workout equipment but also conduct several group fitness routines, including various dancing forms (such as salsa).
Mumbai, like most other parts of India, has its extremes. At one end of the spectrum you have the elite, and at the other you have the huge middle class, for whom life in this city can be tough. So many see gyms as not just a place to workout but also to do some socializing. Besides, a gym is the only place where people smile back at you and are eager to help you out. Surprisingly, that’s what I have observed. The moment you’re out of the gym, suddenly everybody seems to be in their usual aggressive (or shall we say competitive) mode.
However that doesn’t mean all gyms encourage you to chit-chat most of the time, and everybody goes to the gym just to catch-up with friends. There are many who go to the gym post office hours and they want to make the most of the little time they have.
Most gyms in Mumbai are also becoming professional and if you skip the gym for a few days, you do get an sms or a call reminding you to get regular (which actually is a good thing). Earlier, there were several instances where many of my friends had taken gym membership for a year and then they would be out of action for more than half of the year (not because of injury, just plain lazy).
But then you couldn’t blame them, life in Mumbai is tough. And many prefer to go to a party, head to Barista/Coffee Day for catch-up with friends, or just go home to sleep after a hard day’s work. And one really cannot blame someone in Mumbai if they find it difficult to be regular to the gym.
Life in Mumbai
How does a typical day look like in Mumbai, for someone who goes to office (a typical Mumbaikar)?
Run to catch the bus or train, jostle with passengers, push/shove (there are many who take rickshaws, taxis and cars, where you don’t have to wrestle, but then its sedentary), traffic jam for hours, run to the office so that you can just swipe in before time, and by the time you reach you’re already irritated & stressed, deadlines never seem to go away, lunch is never on time, and when coming back from office you still need the energy to do some more wrestling. Once home you have a quick dinner and spend a few minutes lying in front of the TV until u doze off, and then after a few hours you have to go through the same thing again. Phew!
Yes, that’s what a typical day is for many. And that’s true of most major cities, including London or New York. Its just that the weather there is better. But the rush is still the same, the traffic is still the same.
Enjoy your Fitness
I guess then that is even more reason why you should be fit, so that you’ve the energy to tackle your day. And you should be happy that most gyms motivate you to stay fit and be regular.
So the next time you get the sms/call from the gym (for not being regular), cajole yourself to go to the gym. Once you’re there, no matter how tired you were, it all seems to evaporate once you enter that zone.
Besides, if you work for an industry where you’re required to look good (it seems most industries prefer these kind nowadays), you don’t have much of a choice.
There’s a price to partying in Mumbai, you’ll put on weight. So you have to hit the gym or you’ll get fat. If you have to party (to discuss work probably), you’ve to make sure you don’t spend a lot of time there and watch-out what you eat/drink. I know several models who go to bars and eat nothing and have only water.
The point of all this is that you need to exercise in this city (in London or New York, you have to walk a good distance to take the bus or the tube).
And you don’t have to feel embarrassed to make a start, thinking that you would be the odd man out (in a gym) fill of magazine-perfect boys & girls. It could happen actually if you join a gym where you have patrons from Bollywood. But then, its just a matter of time before even you get back in shape.
You definitely don’t have to fear the various exercise machines & equipment as well (they all look scary & complex, but are easy to operate). Most gyms have several floor trainers so feel free to ask them how a particular exercise is to be done or how a machine is to be used; you can ask as many times as you wish.
The best part about a gym is that nobody cares how one is looking (outfits, facials, makeups, and so on). Almost everybody is drenched in sweat, almost everybody will smile at you, and there seems to be a bonding that is missing outside a gym.
Its like everybody is equal (status-wise)!!!
A few weeks of regular exercise, and you’ll start looking good, you’ll also be able to manage your workload better. Do it regularly and in no time you’ll be able to tackle everything that this city throws at you.
- The common mirror has always been popular, and the advantage …
- Lot of women are fitness conscious and make it a …
- We all know that age is not a bar when …
- Most people face this problem – a busy schedule that …
- Gurpreet Kaur, a 21-yearold UK Sikhni (popularly known as Fitness …
- Here’s why the Produnova vault, attempted by Indian gymnast Dipa …
- Every time, before the Olympics starts, there’s always this talk …
- Badminton sport, at one time was more popular among the …
- Did you know that there’s an old Olympic rule that …
- Professional sharp shooter nowadays use complex spectacles that make them …
- Every Olympics, be it the Summer or the Winter, athletes …
- One doesn’t have to spend hours in the gym for …
- Every body wants to workout but time is always a …
- Almost everyone seems to be interested in knowing more about …
- GOQii 3 Month Personal Coaching with Fitness Tracker: You get …
- Female athletes continue to get asked about their looks, and …
- They say that age is just a number, and these …
- Nivia Ball Pump Double Action This hand pump can be …
- Here’s how to get the most out of your Pilates …
- Tennis Elbow Means Aching Tendons Tennis elbow, or lateral epicondylitis, …