Hailed as the “World’s kindest yoga mat”, Kneebi has been launched on crowdfunding platform Kickstarter.
The mat is the brainchild of designer and Yoga practitioner, Snowcha, who came up with the idea when she experienced discomfort in her knees during even basic yoga poses.
“Most 50-years oldin my class used multiple mats or just put up with the pain. So I decided to create my own solution!” says Snowcha.
Kneebi protects the knees when exercising on hard floors and can be spread out when performing moves or poses that require a much wider surface area. The name Kneebi comes from the Japanese word for double; knee and nibai.
Kneebi can be used in two ways:
- When the wings of the mat are folded in, they provide double padding for the knees, but they are thin enough not to interfere with balance.
- Spread the wings outwards for wide-legged poses, power practice, or stretches.
Key features of Kneebi yoga mat:
- It is easy to roll up, takes up minimal space when not being used, and is as portable and convenient to carry as a traditional yoga mat (weighs approximately 3 to 4 lb).
- It measures 183 cm X 60 cm, or 120 cm when the wings are spread wide open, with a maximum thickness of 5 mm.
- It has high-performance grip on both sides and a textured surface designed to be anti-skid.
- The production process is toxin-free from beginning to end, and Kneebi is eco-friendly, 6P free, 100% latex free, and odor free.
- Kneebi is expected to be available in the following two-tone colors: black and charcoal grey, berry and turquoise, mauve and pink, navy and charcoal grey, dark red and pink, pink and soft blue, and teal and mint.
Watch: Kneebi Yoga Mat The World’s Kindest Yoga Mat
For more information or to pledge for a Kneebi yoga mat, visit the Kickstarter page.