Indian diet chart for weight loss for vegetarians. There are several vegetarian food that is rich in proteins and can help you lose weight.
Non-vegetarians may seem to have an advantage over vegetarians when it comes to food that are rich in proteins. We all know that egg, meat and fish are rich sources of proteins.
However, several vegetarian foods are also good sources of protein. You need to make sure you include such food in your diet (and cut on excess carb, sugar and fats), if you want to lose wight.
Here’s a sample Indian diet chart for vegetarians to help in weight loss.
- Eat more of Cabbage salad whenever possible, easy to digest, doesn’t add calories
- Have Tomato soup before meal, makes you full and doesn’t let you over-eat
- Have warm water with lemon and honey, early morning
- Have milk at night (but if you have acidity avoid)
- Have dry fruits, they are healthy and doesn’t add to the weight (its a myth)
- Have 2-3 cups green tea daily. It helps metabolism
- Have lots of hari methi (Indian fenugreek) vegetable
Here’s another sample Indian diet chart for vegetarians to help in weight loss. It makes use of healthy food such as Aloe Vera, oats, fruits, salads, sprouts.
- Early morning (as soon as you wake up) – Detox your body with stomach cleanser like lemon water with honey, amla juice, aloe Vera juice etc.
E.g. have glass of lukewarm water along + half cup of aloe Vera juice.
- Breakfast (within half an hour of waking up) – source of high fiber cereal like, oats, wheat flour, bajra, wheat flakes with high protein source like milk and milk product along with one fruit.
For e.g. Bowl of oats porridge + one fruit
- Mid-morning (Three hours after breakfast) – 5 almonds
- Lunch (around 1-2 pm) – start your lunch with the bowl of salad + one roti with bowl of vegetables + half bowl of rice + bowl of dal
- Post lunch (one hour after lunch) – glass of buttermilk + one fruit
- Evening snack (Three hours post lunch) – cup of green tea + sprouts be, one bowl
- Dinner (2-3 hours post evening snacks) – bowl of soup or bowl of salad 2 + grilled paneer (40-50 g)+ bowl of vegetable
- Post dinner (half – one hour before going to bed) – one fruit (preferably papaya)
This is a great diet to follow. Another advantage of this diet is that you’re eating 5-6 small meals throughout the day, which keeps your metabolism high.
So go ahead and give it a try.